Welcome!

Welcome to Paleo Rustic, aptly named because it is a no frills, blog containing Paleo recipes, a few random thoughts and not much more. I don't claim to be an expert on the benefits of eating Paleo, nor will you find lectures or tutorials on the science of it all. I just know it works for me and after several requests from friends for recipes I decided to put them all in a blog so they can stop by and take what they need when they need it.


The photography is anything but stunning. All pictures are taken on my iphone as I'm cooking. There'll be no pretty flowers to dress things up, nor pristine angelic children in the background to make me look like an authentic Mother. Just a messy kitchen and a few dirt encrusted boys wandering past, wondering where their dinner is and why I'm photographing it.

It's a work in progress folks, so if you stop by in the early days and there's nothing here for you, come back later to see what's been added. Each recipe is either created by me or borrowed from another blog. Rest assured, if I try something from your blog you will get all the credit for it :)

If you're a fellow Paleo blogger please stop by and say hello!!

Sunday 26 February 2012

Scrambled eggs and vegetables

One of the main questions I'm asked when I tell people  I don't eat cereal, bread, pasta, rice etc, is "What do you eat for breakfast then? Just eggs?!" Now, whilst I do eat a fair few eggs (free range only please!) I also eat a lot of vegetables, for breakfast! Yes, vegetables for breakfast, and they're delicious. Why people think veges have to be a night time only thing is beyond me. It's not like your body is going to freak out and not know what to do because all of a sudden there's a pile of veges hitting your intestines at 8am. Believe me, your intestines are going to thank you for swapping your cereal box for a meal of fresh veges.

So, here's a recipe that pleases all. Scrambled eggs and veges. You can add pretty much any vegetable you like to this. I use everything. Well, maybe not brussle sprouts because they'd just be wrong! But anything else is fair game when it comes to breakfast. Now, these pictures don't have the full compliment of vegetables in them, but given it's a scrambled mess it doesn't look much different anyway.






Ingredients

3 free range eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cups chopped veges
(broccoli, cauliflower, Mushrooms,
onions, spring onions, spinach leaves
capsicum, asparagus)
1tbsp coconut oil
pinch Celtic Sea salt
tsp curry powder*
1slc free range bacon (optional)

Method

Heat oil in frypan, throw in all veges, bacon and cook for a few minutes. In a separate bowl whisk eggs and coconut milk, add sea salt, curry powder and whisk until blended. Throw egg mix in with vegetablesand stir slowly with an egg flip. Toss lightly until cooked through. Plate up and enjoy! Serves 2 :)

*The store bought curry powder may contain traces of cereal and some varieties include ground rice. I'm not ceoliac so not too fussed but do check the lable before adding it. It's pretty tasty without the curry powder so no harm done if you can't find a fully Paleo curry powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment